dinsdag 6 oktober 2015

Indigo dyeing in Bordeaux and in Japan

Oh my it is so long ago that I wrote a blogpost.
There are so many things to tell and to show you. At the moment I am working for the coming Christmas market . We had a splendid summer but weather was too hot to do any crafting, so i am far behind..........
But let's start at the beginning of september.
As you maybe remember i went to Bordeaux last year for an indigo workshop , given by Caroline.
I told Caroline that I really wanted to go to Japan for a ten days workshop. For several reasons I cancelled my registration but Caroline took my place and she went to Japan in may this year and it was a fabulous experience for her!

This was the view from her bedroom window.
The group was located in the house where the workshop teacher lived, an old traditional wooden house , rice paper on the walls, handmade traditional fabric everywhere.
The group learned several shibori techniques.....


Back home Caroline invited me to come again to Bordeaux to share with me the techniques she learned in Japan and of course to show me lots of photo's.


Her indigo vat was in a very good condition and we started to work .....


I made this masterpiece, it measures about 1.50 x 1.10.
The fabric was folded around a pole, that took me about three hours.
Caroline showed me how to manage the fabric with elastic rings,  while folding.


After folding the fabric was pressed together and ready for dyeing.


I dipped seven times........
After the unwrapping we were both very happy with the result.

Last weekend I dyed fabric to make bags for the Christmas market. I will show you some photo's soon.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een prachtig resultaat!! Het heeft wel je hart gestolen hè, deze verftechnieken! Ik kan het me goed voorstellen. Schitterend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat een werk... Maar het resultaat mag er zijn!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Stunning work as usual, love your pics !!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow, Baukje, that looks fabulous. Now I wish I was over there with you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat leuk en interessant om te zien hoe deze werkwijze is. Prachtig resultaat.
    Hopelijk ben je nog eens in de gelegenheid om de reis naar Japan te maken.
    Groetjes,

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Zo heb je (tweedelijns) toch de Japanse sfeer nog geproefd en het resultaat mag er zeker zijn! Heel erg mooi, Baukje! Hoop dat het verder goed gaat met je, Groetjes, Annasoer :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wat ongelofelijk mooi!!! Ik snap dat je graag naar Japan had gegaan, maar op deze wijze is een beetje van Japan naar jou gekomen ;) Echt bijzonder hoe dit in zijn werk gaat, dat kan je niet zomaar verzinnen. Heb je al idee wat je met deze schitterende lap gaat doen? Lieve groet!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Dat lijkt me geweldig, een workshop in Japan. Misschien een andere keer voor jou?
    Maar in ieder geval heb nu al heel veel geleerd en wat een bijzonder mooi resultaat. Arbeidsintensief, maar dan heb je ook wat!! Prachtig!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen