maandag 8 februari 2010

Knitting and sewing in Japanese

There are so many lovely Japanese knitting and sewing books. They are famous for their beautiful photos and simple (not always), but stylish patterns. You can use them without reading Japanese, because the illustrations are excellent. When I am in Paris I always go to the Japanese library JUNKU. They have shelves full of craft books. You could spend hours and hours there......
Many, many sewing books, lovely patterns for woman, children.


And bag patterns, last time I bought this book.


Knitting and crochet patterns.
These shawl is a crochet example.


On this site you can find more information about Japanese crafting. 

4 opmerkingen:

  1. That shawl is absolutely lovely. I think I can get Japanese craft books here, but it never occurred to me that I might be able to follow them. Looks like you've received some lovely fabrics recently. So glad for you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yeah, what a nice bookstore! I was there two weeks ago and could have spent hours, but with a bored husband on my side, I didn't... Too bad!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen