zondag 25 april 2010

Nantes

I was in Nantes, a beautiful town. Weather was lovely, the squares were full of people, drinking and talking in the sun. I visited the 'Jardin des Plantes', with all the camelias, so many different varieties. It was really a short holiday....
In this arcade, the Passage Pommeray, built in 1841, I bought Arche shoes, I love Arche shoes , they are soft and very elegant .



And of course  the main reason why I went to Nantes was the fair/show Pour L'Amour du fil. 
It was great, I met very nice people, we changed blog addresses and promised to visit our blogs.  
I also met Sue Spargo, you already know that I am a fan! We talked a bit and she made a picture of the bag I made, inspired by her work .  Here she is:
 
And here is her work:







This is the quilt she made when she was 50 years, there are 50 birds and a lot of embellishments!
Tomorrow more about the fair.....

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Really enjoyed visiting Nantes again and I loved the fabulous quilt with the butterflys. Just Wonderful

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Amazing quilts! I'd love to be able to make such beautiful artwork!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Amazing quilts, amazing architecture! What a wonderful day you had!!!
    I wish I had been there!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen