maandag 13 september 2010

Staphorst

In Holland I visited my blog friend Rolinda, she lives in Rouveen, a small village near Staphorst. In these villages there are still woman who wear the costume of the region.
Rolinda's aunt makes the buttons for the costume, wooden buttons covered with yarn, very exclusive.




Buttons in the Staphorster colors.


Rolinda's mother is the only one in the village who makes and repairs the lace bonnets , which the women  wear on sunday.




Made by hand!

Even the old farmhouses are beautiful....














And of course I bought some fabric, I'll show you this next week because the fabric is still in Holland, to heavy to take by train.......
When you have a look on Rolinda's site you could see what she made with the costume fabric....

3 opmerkingen:

  1. C'est super ces boutons en fil. Je ne connaissais pas du tout. Sais-tu s'il existe un site qui en parle et qui explique la technique?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wowzer - thanks for sharing the pictures...they are all beautiful. Those buttons are fabulous!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Rolinda's aunt is a fabulous seamstress. I love those buttons and the bicycle wheel is great. This looks like a place where I could drive my b-dazle car an feel at home!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen