woensdag 7 maart 2012

It's my birthday and a new notebook cover

Today it's my birthday, I am 65 years old now....... No party today, but for tomorrow I invited the members of our gardenclub to go 'déjeuner' in a small rural 'auberge'. Only us four, only women!
And next sunday we go with our friend Lucy to a 'logis de France' restaurant for an excellent dinner, also at noon.
Yesterday night we had our new years eve meal; oliebollen (oil-dumplings) and appelflappen (apple fritters), made by Lucy.  In her family it was usual to eat these the night before your birthday....
Thank you lucy, they were delicious!!


This morning I received some beautiful English Emma Bridgewater mugs and bowls.

And here is my new notebook cover, appliqued with wool and cotton in the country style.
The front:

And the back:



14 opmerkingen:

  1. Hartelijk Gefeliciteerd, Baukje! Nog vele, gezonde, creatieve en gelukkige jaren gewenst!
    Vier maar fijn feest :>)

    Groetjes,

    Jeanneke.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hiep, hiep, hoera! Van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag! En vele gezonde, gelukkige jaren toegewenst, vol met gezellige en inspirerende blogjes!
    Groetjes, Jonneke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Happy birthday, Baukje! I am sending you my very best wishes across the ocean. I love your new notebook, and I hope you have fun at your parties. Congratulations on turning 65, that is a milestone. Personally, I think life gets better as we age. Sure, there are creaks in our bones and a bit of sagging skin, but there's also wisdom and compassion that's earned with years.

    I am delighted to have met you via the blogging world, and I wish you many more happy birthdays!
    xoxoxoxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Happy happy birthday Baukje, my railway man is 65 in a week or so too..!! Hope you have an amazing birthday week...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hip, hip, hurray! Happy Birthday.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Birthday Blessings, dear Baukje. Enjoy every moment of your celebrations.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Happy Birthday!! Enjoy to the utmost!! The bowls and mugs are gorgeous!!

    Blessings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. happy birthday to you..... hope you have a wonderfull day today and funfilled wonderfull parties to come over the next couple of days!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday my friend! Love your applique - and the Emma Bridgewater of course! What a lovely time you are having to celebrate your special day. Lots of delicious sounding food.

    And Baukje.... ha ha ha..... I was going to ask you to translate the crochet patterns. You are so kind to offer.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Happy Birthday to you. Food sounds delicious

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. A belated happy Birthday to you. I hope you had the most wonderful day. Hugs Judy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Happy Birthday Baukje! Can't wait for Italy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. happy birthday !!! it is my birthday to ! we are both "fish " !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. I must have been bus the last few days! Happy Birthday!
    Love the embroidery.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen