zondag 11 maart 2012

My first machine pieced quilt......

When I was in Holland some weeks ago i took a private class to learn cutting fabric and piecing it by my sewingmachine. I learned a lot of things. And  what was most important I lost my fear for starting a machine pieced quilt.
In Quiltmania number 46  I found this one, so gorgeous. And I bought months ago a lot of beautiful Japanese fabric on Etsy, also Japanese kimono silk here and here.For the small squares I used kimono silk fabric.
When I made this picture I only had 5 blocks, now there are 13 blocks ready.




And this is the picture in the Quiltmania, isn't it lovely?

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Oooh, your fabrics are so beautiful, as I'm sure your quilt will be when it's finished (very soon by the sound of things!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hij wordt mooi! En het biedt mij perspectief voor de toekomst, met mijn nieuwe masjientje :>)


    Groetjes,

    Jeanneke.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Such a beautiful combination of fabrics! Things go along much more quickly when using a sewing machine, eh?

    xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love the fabrics and colours you have picked.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. This is fantastic, you will love machine piecing :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. The colors of your blocks are wonderful and I am sure your quilt will be fantastic looking. Hugs Judy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow, thats really great.
    Corina from germany

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen