zondag 17 oktober 2010

Pumpkin market 4

More pumpkin pictures.
Sikkim cucumber


Which one is the heaviest?


I also bought lemongrass to make this recipe of lemongrass and ginger liqueur. I found the recipe here.
RECIPE
1 ltr vodka or brandewijn,150 gr fresh ginger (the youngest you can find)
4 stalks of lemongrass
500 gr light rock sugar

Peel and cut the ginger. Try to use perfect bits only. Peel the outer layer of the lemongrass and bruise or cut it to release the flavours. Combine everything together in a jar or bottle that’s big enough to keep it all. (1.5-2 ltr) Be patient for at least 2 months, but taste it now and then to see if it’s sweet enough. It is a liqueur, so it’s supposed to be quite sweet. I forgot how much I’ve put into mine, so you need to find out for yourself.


3 opmerkingen:

  1. Those cucumbers look like dinosaur eggs or something...too cool!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow - aren't those concombres amazing??? I do like watching pumpkins grow but imagine if there was one that big in your back yard? You'd have no back yard - well, I wouldn't! And thanks for the recipe. Be patient for 2 months - love it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Once again, you have created a beautiful post. The pumpkin is amazing. Those are the strangest cucumbers I've ever seen. The recipe...maybe I'll try it. Or..maybe I'll wait for you to tell me how good it really is! LOL

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen