dinsdag 27 december 2011

This week i want to finish 3 quilts.... here is number 1

Finally,  I finished my grandmother's flowergarden..... The hand quilting was so long and in the end so boring. And the choice that I made for the back fabric wasn't a good one. In the thriftstore I bought 6 meters of linen for 1 euro!!!
I used that linen for the back, but it was so heavy and stiff, so hard to quilt by hand. That's why I machine quilted the borders. I am so happy i finished this quilt and I am very satisfied with the result...




I want to finish 2 more quilts this week , so stay in touch.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow that is just beautiful! The colors all work so well together. One of these days I'll have the courage to start a quilt. I'd love to do a postage square quilt - that way if I get bored I can always just make it a doll quilt LOLOLOL

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow, wat een leuke, vrolijke quilt!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's beautiful!!! Absolutely wonderful!! I am so in awe of how fast you complete your projects.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ha Baukje,

    Wat een groot werkstuk! Ik vind de kleuren prachtig. De quilt zal vast een mooi plekje krijgen in je huis!

    hartelijke groet, Tineke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wonderful quilt !! Makes me longing for spring ;-))

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. De quilt is prachtig!! Complimenten! Het is ook echt een bloementuin. Fijne jaarwisseling. Fransje

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen