maandag 3 januari 2011

My first real quilt

For me this is my first 'real' quilt. It's bedsize and it's made with  Dutch folk fabric. I quilted it by hand, not always very straight ,as you can see..... It's not really finished because i ran out of ric-rac.
I can tell you that it was quite a job for me. The real quilters find it , maybe, very easy-peasy but for me it was a challenge. But I love the result and I am already dreaming about a second one:  maybe a Denyse Schmidt pattern, I love her designs.


9 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een mooie quilt, ik denk dat ik bij jou op les moet ipv andersom. Groetjes Dorien

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Love this quilt. Great colour combinations. I have been collecting ric rac. I remember having it on my dresses in the 1950's. My aunt used to make my dresses and decorate the dresses with ric rac and odd buttons. I thought the dresses were so "uncool" back then.
    Happy New Year Baukje

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wonderful! Love the pattern, colours, ric-rac and especially the two hands at the top! ;o)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. When this is your first quilt - than I can hardly wait to see your next one ;-)) It's a lovely quilt, and I love the twist of the ric rac!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. It's beautiful. For some reason, I thought you were making quilts all along. It seems like a perfect transition-bags to quilts.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Wow it is beautiful! Love the colours and design!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. LEUK !!!

    knap hoor, doe het je niet na !!

    MM

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Its absolutely beautiful, I love reds! You did a great job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen