donderdag 27 mei 2010

Alphabe Thursday

This thursday we are talking about the S. S is for sac, the French word for bag.
I already told you that I am preparing a stand on the fleemarket on the 14th of July.
The 14th of July is a French national holiday, also called Bastille day. It commemorates the storming of the Bastille on the 14 th of July 1789.
Bastille fight , painting by Laurent Houel

This anniversaire of the storming of the Bastille fortress-prison is  a symbol of the uprising of the modern nation, and the reconciliation of all French inside the costitutional monarchy which preceded the first republic, during the French revolution.
There are many festivities this day. This picture shows the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower on Bastille day.

Yesterday I showed you cute things for my stand.
I also made some bags for children.


I've bought some traditional Dutch fabric with mills, kissing little farmers, sailing boats....
 



There 'll be more blue ones within some weeks.
I also made 2 large 'adult' bags with many pockets.







20 opmerkingen:

  1. What pretty sacs!I bet its an amazing sight to see the fireworks off of the Eiffel Tower.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The sacs are very pretty and I'm sure will sell quickly at the Bastille Day flea market.
    ~Maggie @ Normandy Life~

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. OOOoooo. I really like the adult totes! Those are sure to be a huge hit!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. The adult sacs are super. They won't be on your stall long.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Your bags are lovely! And that looks like quite the fireworks celebration!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Very pretty sacs! I like the colors and patterns of the fabric!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Your sacs are beautiful; such lovely fabric.

    One day, I am going to reach the top of La Tour Eiffel (but maybe not during the fireworks!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Those bags are gorgeous. I love the little dutch boy and girl, how cute. Great S post.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. My aunt would drool over the blue delft. Lovely S today.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I don't know which is more spectacular, the fireworks on the Eifel Tower or your sacs. Both great!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wow. What a beautiful post. Those sacs are really wonderful! It looks like you are well on your way for being ready for the flea market stand. That seems like something I would really enjoy going to.

    Thanks for sharing this talented and lovely post with us on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "S"!

    A+

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. what gorgeous sacs! I love the adult ones, tres chic!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Great post! Liberte! Love the bags especially the Delft Blue ones...Peace and blessings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. those bags are adorable...I have two little girls that would love one. do you have an etsy store I presume?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Just been to Delt. I even wrote a long post on my blog about it. These bags are so cute. If you went to Delft trying to sell them you would make a killing with the tourists. Thanks for sharing.

    Anne-marie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. I love your sacs! they as so adorable and practical - I love that in a sac.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Oooo lovely sacs - I especially love the blue one - so sweet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Very pretty bags! I'm sure you will have a very successful Bastille Day sale, but don't forget to enjoy the celebration, too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen