donderdag 29 december 2011

This week I want to finish 3 quilts.... here is number 2

In number 58 of Quiltmania I saw a beautiful quilt. If you were in Tokyo in 2007 for the international quilt festival you could have seen this quilt....
The quilt is called : the Amish checkerboard baskets crib quilt, it's made in 1930 and it's from the Wooden collection in Ohio.

I made my version :
The colors are darker but with the sun shining it's not easy to get the right blue's.

The quilt is hand pieced and hand quilted. The fabric is Kona cotton. I LOVE the Kona solid colors, as a Christmas present I bought myself 2 FQ bundles of Kona cotton, one in reds and one in purples!!! 

I hope to finish the third quilt tomorrow........

3 opmerkingen:

  1. very beautiful! look at all of that hand stitching...such patience you have. i have used kona cottons a few times and i love the weight of the fabric. it keeps such nice folds, too.

    looking forward to seeing quilt #3!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Your quilt looks wonderful, Baukje. That is a very interesting basket block.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So pretty!! All your Christmas and New Year baking sounds so fun! I've got to look up Appelflappen! :-)
    Have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen